Here at Faith Outreach, we love our Seniors. We are truly grateful for our Senior’s hard work and in many cases, blazing trails for us, that has made Faith Outreach the church we are today. Their faithfulness allows us to minister to the younger generations. Our love is expressed a couple of ways.
The first is our Senior Life Group. It meets at 2:00 pm at Barbara and Ray’s house. Transportation to and from this event is provided. This is an opportunity for weekly fellowship, Biblical instruction and fun. The Life Group last about two hours and includes food, laughter, prayer and study.
The second way is our Senior Trips. Once a month we have a special event planned for our Seniors. IF you are 55-year-old and above we would love to have you join us. We make every effort to accommodate those with mobility issue and have our own wheelchairs, but feel free to bring your own wheelchair or walker. The events provide fun, fellowship, and food. Most trips start and end at the church. We provide transportation to our different activities. The 2018 Field Trip Guide is available at the Connect Table.
A few of our trip planned for this year are:
- The Mariners Museum on January 19, 2018. The cost is $12.95
- Senior Breakfast on February 16, 2018. This is a free event
- Senior Game Day on March 23, 2018. This is a free event
- Norfolk Botanical Garden on April 20, 2018. The cost is $10.00
- Richmond Trip: Amtrak Train ride and Holocaust Museum on May 18, 2018. The cost is $25.00
- Rudee Tours Dolphin Watching Boat Ride on June 8, 2018. The cost is $25.00
- Yorktown Victory Center on July 13, 2018. The cost is $10.00
- Senior Movie Night on August 10, 2018. This is a free event
- Senior Breakfast on September 15, 2017. This is a free event
- Norfolk Zoo on October 12, 2018. The cost is $11.00
- Blue Ridge Parkway Tour on November 1-2, 2018. The cost is $150.00
- Senior Craft Day on December 7, 2018. This is a free event.
*All trips are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen events.